Saturday, March 27, 2010

More blocks

This has been my only project on the weekends. Cutting, pinning and sewing. Oh, my! A twin sized quilt, my largest project ever. The piecing seems to be never ending. At least the name block is finished. My applique skills need some work, don't look to closely. I'm leaning towards finishing it up with a blanket stitch.

The original plan did not include sashing, but the more I thought about it, I realized it would look better with the sashing. I decided to use the mottled brown fabric that was chosen for the binding and name block. I had hoped to have all of the blocks finished and spend this weekend assembling, but between my tempermental machine and the sashing, I'm about a week behind. Cutting, pinning, sewing... that's the plan for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment