Friday, March 5, 2010

gathering supplies

I was asked to sew a blanket for a friend. A simple project with just a size requirement. It will be for a twin bed. I haven't pieced anything that large... ever... I like small portable projects. But the more I thought about it, the more I didn't see any reason to turn down the request. The request was for a simple project, I suggested a 9-patch. The lead time is more than generous. I just haven't done much sewing lately. Granted, I am no expert, but I can manage to sew a straight line, most of the time. So here's a sneak peek at the fabric I will be using. I washed the fabric, it just needs to ironed and I'll start the task of cutting this weekend. So until this is done, most of my other projects will be put aside. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment