Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wrist Warmers WIP

As we waited out the Tsunami warning, I started a new project. I've been wanting to stitch these wrist warmers since they came out last year. Even casted on at one point, but just didn't have the patience to read through the instructions. After we made sure we had our emergency supplies ready, we sat around with in front of the tv waiting for updates. That gave me some time to read over the instructions and work on these wrist warmers with left over yarn from the Candleflame Shawl
The pattern is from the Piecework - July/Aug 2009 magazine. The cover photo caught my eye. The pattern calls for cashmere yarn, but I don't have any and I don't plan on picking it up just for these, as luxurious as they would be. So with some leftover Knitpicks Shadow, I casted on. The photo above shows how far I got when the warning was cancelled. I finished up the first side the next day. I started the second side and hope to complete it sometime this week. Then, as usual, I'll add this the pile of projects that need to be blocked. I guess you could say that I'm a process knitter and, while the end result is magical, blocking is not part of the process that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment