Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September! - Nautilus Mitts WIP

Did you see these in the Summer Issue of Interweave Knits? You know, neither did I. But I accidentally included the magazine in a box that I sent mom and she saw them. The orginal plan was to use the cotton that is called for... No such luck finding it here. I pulled out a skein of Araucania Coliumo Multy (70% wool, 30% silk) that I had in my stash and cast on.


Nautilus MittsNautus Mitts

I wasn't sure about this yarn - had a bit of trouble winding from the hank. But oh, my, it is easy to knit with. I love it! The first side knit up quickly... size 10 needles, bulky yarn... I'm loving the formula. The pattern is easy to memorize. You make to parts with the swirl changing direction. A simple garter stitch joins it together. One more to go, then weave ends and seam...
Nautilus Mitts

No comments:

Post a Comment