Tuesday, April 20, 2010

soft tam beret WIP

With all this sewing, I've been neglecting my hats. Hats for hospice is my attempt to clear out my stash while contributing to a worthy cause. I've picked up a partial skeing of lion Brand Homespun. I love how soft the finished fabric is, but I really don't care for knitting with this yarn.

I found a cute crochet pattern for a beret (there are also patterns for some cute accessories). This is as far as I got before I ran out of yarn. Just enough  for the top of the hat. I'm not sure why I thought I would have enough to finish another hat. The skein has already produced two hats. I really need to find a way to use up the leftovers. I don't think I'll be buying more of the yarn, so I guess I'll be frogging it and saving it for another day.
In the same bag of scraps was more of the old pink wool from the trift shop. I think I'll start the project over with the pink yarn. Hopefully there will be a pic of a finished hat soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment