Monday, April 5, 2010

quilt top - DONE!

Happy dance here this weekend. The extra work to the sashing was worth it.
I framed the name block in the light blue. The backing is  a light blue flannel with clouds and stars.

But the dancing quickly ended as I realized on Sunday that I didn't buy enough for the back and batting. With the changes I made to the top, I miscalculated the amount of fabric I needed. I can piece together the batting, but I'll need more flannel. So one more trip to the fabric store this afternoon. At least, I got to work on the binding. The strips are cut and waiting to be pressed, but that's for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment