Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Haruni - WIP

I started my knitting project this weekend. I have some KnitPicks Palette that has been sitting. The green is a little darker than I thought it would be, but there's enough for a shawl. So in my search for a project on Ravelry, I found this shawl, but Emily Ross. In my mind, I translated it from Japanese as "in spring" (haru =spring). Ha, ha the joke's on me - the designer translates Haruni as "grandmother" in Quenya (Tolkien's elven language), since she designed the shawl for her Grandmother.

I've made a bit of progress this weekend, almost done with the first ball. This first section is easy to memorize and Miss Ross has written excellent notes in her pattern. The pattern has both charts and written instructions. I don't think I'll be able to finish the Chart A repeats without opening a second ball. Good thing I have 3 of this green in my stash, I just may need all of it.

2 comments:

  1. "In Spring" wouldn't have been a bad name for the pattern, given the whole leaf factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought "spring" theme also worked well with my green yarn, although the green is a tad bit darker than I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete