Thursday, July 8, 2010

More hats...

I worked on more hats for hospice. The hat on the left is a modified Amanda Hat. Modified, because the partial skein of Lion Wool turned out to be way less than I thought. The hat on the right has also been shortened because the partial skein of acrylic that I was working with also contained less than I thought. It's been moved to waste yarn until I can figure out what to do with it. I really need to invest in a scale...

Moving along with the partial skein theme. This is the Fountain Hat from the Knitting Daily website. I'm using some left over acrylic yarn from a baby afghan. I'm not sure if the lace pattern will show up since acrylic doesn't block, but we're stash busting...
Speaking of stash busting, I am making a dent in the stash of acrylics that has been packed away. Since these hats are going to hospice, the "washable" factor is appreciated. I've hit a bunch of pastels that were meant for baby blankets and I probably will be switching to crocheting lap blankets with them. Not as portable as a hat, but I am sure will be just as appreciated by the recipent.

No comments:

Post a Comment