Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Year of Stash Socks

St Brigid stockingsAs part of my resolutions, I plan to use stash yarn, so I joined the Year of Stash Sock group on Ravelry. Trust the wonderful Ravelry users to find great patterns. One of the January selections is St. Brigid's Carnamoyle Stockings. It is a worsted weight sock. I'm using up some Cascade 220 Heathers in Straw. Knitting on size 4 dpns with worsted weight makes these go quickly.

One side done and a short way down the second sock. I hope to get this done quickly and mailed out to some cold feet in the Pacific Northwest.

Hey momma are you reading this? Is it long enough?

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty sock - your knitting is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its long enough, been using the short socks for home day wear, it's been low 30's to low 40's during the day. We had around one plus inches of snow last night, it's now rain, rain rain. luv mom

    ReplyDelete