Friday, May 27, 2016

Cast on... a sweater

Really, why do I think I have a time to work on a sweater? Well I am making time.,, last year I took advantage of a sale on a sweater kit. Which makes no sense at all because 1) I don't have the time to knit a sweater, 2) I've only knit one sweater that I've worn once and has been put on the side because I want to re-knit the sleeves and 3) there really is not use for a wool sweater here where I live.

Regardless, the kit for the Majestic Tie Cardigan by Kristen TenDyke was purchased and I cast on last week. The yarn is Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in Natural. It's been awhile since I've followed a chart, so it after three attempts to start I have made a bit of progress. It is a top down cardigan  that starts a the back collar. I've worked my way through the sleeve caps and will be dividing for sleeves soon.

WIP Majestic Tie Cardigan
I like working with this yarn and the pattern repeat is simple enough to follow. Let's see how far I can get before it gets too hot to sit under wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment