Friday, June 4, 2010

20 Flowers by Just Nan - WIP

Way back when (apparently it was 2004), I purchased these limited edition kits by Just Nan from The Silver Needle. They were designed to celebrate The Silver Needle's 20th anniversary.

I intended to stitch it as soon as it arrived, but that never happened. New projects are added to the ever growing list. So here we are in 2010 and it's still sitting in the stash. Until yesterday, that is. After the two not so great ends to my last knitting projects (short scarf and tight bind off), I'm picking up a cross stitch project. Don't get me wrong, I still hear socks calling me... and will probably cast on something very soon. But putting needle to fabric seems like a refreshing change of pace.
Here's what the contents of the kit. It contains silk floss and cashel linen. Not too thrilled about working on linen, but the finished product should be beautiful. I love how the floss is neatly carded and a floss color card is included, so there is time wasted sorting the silks.

I've put a few stitches in and will post an update next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment