Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And the forest grew... a WIP




Last year, I fell in love with an Italian cross stitch design - Il bosco di Bengtsson by Renato Parolin. I saved my pennies and ordered the chart. I knew that I wanted to find the "perfect" backdrop for this forest a rich, dark color that would envoke a sense of mystery to my forest.


I chose a 28ct. Dark Chocolate Cashel with DMC 3866. I've been working on this during my lunch hour, where the lighting is great for working on the dark background. The first photo is the was taken back in September of 2009. I started in the center and worked my way towards the left. By mid-December I completed the last tree on the left and started back at the center towards the right. 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week and this should get done sometime in February.
Will posting my progress here keep me motivated? I sure hope so.
I have enough of the fabric to make a second forest. There are two designs - La forest di Fanes and La Pineta di Classe - that I'm considering. You can find them here. Today, I'm leaning towards Fanes, tomorrow, who knows... What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Questi sono bellissimi ricami! Potrei chiedere di più un modello di questa foresta? Sono polacca, non riesco a parlare italiano. Mi dispiace per gli errori. Ho scritto questo testo di Google Translate. Posso ottenere un link che è la formula per questa splendida foresta?

    ReplyDelete