Thursday, January 7, 2010

a scarf to keep you warm

This yarn was an impulse purchase at my LYS in December. While I was waiting for my purchases to be tallied, I picked up a project that the shop owner was working on. A scarf for her sister. Soft, cuddly... washable? acrylic!?! Perfect for my mother - Do I have enough time to add this to my project list and mail it to the mainland for Christmas? It would be perfect for the early cold front in the Northwest. The bulky yarn should knit up fast on large needles and I'll only need one skein for a scarf. Please add this to my puchase!



The LYS owner generously offered the chevron pattern that she was working on, so I could get started right away. I carried this project with me so I could add a few stitches every chance I got. Size 10 needles makes this a speedy project. Blues, Browns, Orange, it was lovely to see the colors emerge.



After a week it was packed up, mailed, opened and used straight away!

No comments:

Post a Comment