Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hats, Hats, Hats

Last year, a yoga buddy made a resolution to learn to crochet hats and donate them to hospice. I quickly volunteered to join her. I have yarn in my stash that isn't marked for specific projects. I started with crochet hats, but wanted some variety. So off to search the web for some quick and easy hat patterns to keep my needles busy. I must admit, while crochet hats are quick, knit hats are fun to make.
These hats are very portable, the projects are usually very simple and can pick picked up and put down without too much thought. It also gives me a chance to learn new skills, simple lace patterns, maybe a cable or two.
Most of the hats are done in acrylic, which makes the care very simple. I have done some in cotton, wool and wool blends too. I'm going to start attaching tags on the hats with simple care instructions for the user.
I wish I had kept a count of how many hats I have done. They just seem to fly off the needles. When I have about a dozen, I'll bring them to class, so they can be delivered. I think it's a worthwhile project and as long as I have yarn, I'll keep making hats.




No comments:

Post a Comment