Monday, February 8, 2010

Crafting Korean

We have a great library system here. A few years back, the branch near me received a huge donation of Korean texts. Now, I don't speak or read Korean, so I didn't think I would ever venture into the section. However, volunteers spent many hours cataloging the books. That means that the section was arranged similar to the rest of the library with the non-fiction books shelved according to the Dewey Decimal system and the books in the 740 section are all about textile arts.

Look what I found! Some Korean craft books are published with tons of pictures detailing the steps of the project. Granted, there are some books with very few pictures, but I've been lucky to find a few that have some cute projects. Here's one that I borrowed recently. This one intrigued me because all the steps are hand sewn. Like Japanese patterns, the measurements are in centimeters. The photos make written instructions unnecessary.


I think I'll have a grand time looking for new projects in the Korean section.

No comments:

Post a Comment