Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sock yarn in a shawl

I picked up this ball of yarn at the same time I got the yarn for the Open Cardi. The colors were soothing and I thought it would make a fun pair of socks. Well... it's been a little chilly here, so I've been thinking of knitting a shawl to cover my shoulders. I'm not sure how the colors will play out in a shawl. I really should stay away from varigated colors. I just don't know how to use them. But we won't know how it looks until I try right?

I casted on for Multnomah, which you can find on this blog. The link to the pattern is on the right side of the page. I made one small change and used less stitches between the yarn overs in the center. So far, so good. I still haven't decided if I like the way the colors are pooling.

The first section knits up really fast, garter stitch with increases at the ends and in the center. Great for knitting at the basketball game. The edging is done in a feather and fan, so it should also go fairly quickly.

1 comment: