Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ascendance Crown is finally finished

It seems like I've been working on this forever, but it really has been only a week. In that week, I've restarted this project 3 times... It was a challenge and I was determined to finish. Here is my Ascendance Crown...

HAL done!I started this about a week ago, the first of 3 October stitch-a-longs. I learned...
  1. I should not crochet for long periods of time. Or I should remember to let go of the hook for a moment to stretch out every once in awhile.
  2. Don't be afraid to try a project, even if it looks too complicated. Just take it one row at a time
  3. If something doesn't look right ask... especially if you are participating in an HAL where the designer is there to help you. It would have saved me a lot of time if I asked before I got to row 41!
I'm glad that I did this hat and am very proud of the result. Who wouldn't want to wear a crown like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment